Dapr offers a variety of packages to help with the development of Python applications. Using them you can create Python clients, servers, and virtual actors with Dapr.
- Dapr client for writing Python applications to interact with the Dapr sidecar and other Dapr applications
- Dapr actor for creating and interacting with stateful virtual actors in Python
- Extensions for adding Dapr capabilities to other Python frameworks
- gRPC extension for creating a gRPC server with Dapr
- FastAPI extension for adding Dapr actor capabilities to FastAPI applications
- Flask extension for adding Dapr actor capabilities to Flask applications
Install the Dapr module
pip install dapr
The development package will contain features and behavior that will be compatible with the pre-release version of the Dapr runtime. Make sure to uninstall any stable versions of the Python SDK before installing the dapr-dev package.
pip install dapr-dev
Try it out
Clone the Python SDK repo to try out some of the examples.
git clone https://github.com/dapr/python-sdk.git
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.